Me again.
I think we are heading towards the "pay dirt". For me there is an essential conflict between the requirements of the academic curriculum and the professional work place "able to function" imperative. A phrase that used to be familiar in the UK to describe a range of post graduate professional courses was "post graduate in time but not necessarily postgraduate in nature".

The consequence of taking the academic high ground is we may engage students in a series of academically viable rituals that satisfy our narrow academic requirements yet prepare them poorly for the place of work and level of work they move into when they leave us.

This raises a series of interesting questions about "life long learning" and CPD (continuing professional development) as vital elements in the professional tool kit.

Enjoying the posts!

Best wishes

	Keith