Sure.

	Here is an excerpt from the MODS record for an issue of The New Age,
containing an article written by "Alice Morning" (one of the many
pseudonyms for Beatrice Hastings):

<mods xmlns="http://www.loc.gov/mods/v3" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/
2001/XMLSchema-instance"
	xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.loc.gov/mods/v3 http://www.loc.gov/
standards/mods/v3/mods-3-2.xsd">
	<titleInfo>
		<nonSort>The</nonSort>
		<title>New Age</title>
		<partNumber>Volume 7, Number 17</partNumber>
	</titleInfo>
	<originInfo>
		<place>
			<placeTerm authority="marccountry" type="code">enk</placeTerm>
			<placeTerm type="text">London</placeTerm>
		</place>
		<publisher>The New Age Press, Ltd.</publisher>
		<dateIssued keyDate="yes" encoding="w3cdtf">1910-08-25</dateIssued>
	</originInfo>
	<genre authority="marcgt">periodical</genre>
	<relatedItem type="host">
		<titleInfo>
			<nonSort>The</nonSort>
			<title>New Age</title>
		</titleInfo>
		<part>
			<detail type="issue">
				<number>17</number>
			</detail>
			<extent unit="pages">
				<start>385</start>
				<end>408</end>
			</extent>
		</part>
	</relatedItem>
	<relatedItem type="constituent" ID="mjp.na.07.17.9">
		<titleInfo>
				<nonSort>The</nonSort>
			<title>Lady</title>
		</titleInfo>
		<name type="personal" xmlns:ns2="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
ns2:href="HastingsBeatrice">
			<namePart>Morning, Alice</namePart>
			<role>
				<roleTerm authority="marcrelator">creator</roleTerm>
			</role>
		</name>
		<part>
			<extent unit="pages">
				<start>395</start>
				<end>396</end>
			</extent>
		</part>
	</relatedItem>
</mods>

And here is the MADS record for Beatrice Hastings (abbreviated for
clarity):

<mads>
   <authority>
     <name type="personal">
       <namePart type="family">Hastings</namePart>
       <namePart type="given">Beatrice</namePart>
       <namePart type="date">1879-1943</namePart>
     </name>
   </authority>
   <related>
     <name type="personal">
       <namePart>Morning, Alice</namePart>
     </name>
   </related>
   <identifier type="LCCN">no2006002215</identifier>
   <identifier type="mjp">HastingsBeatrice</identifier>
</mads>

We use the <identifier> element in the MADS record to encode both a
local identifier and, when possible, an LCCN (to support future
federated searches); in the MODS record, we use the xlink:href
attribute on the <name> element to link the byline to the name
authority record.

--C

On Jun 28, 2006, at 1:38 PM, John Banning wrote:

> Clifford,
> Can you provide an example?
>
> thanks, John
>

> Clifford Wulfman wrote:
>> John,
>>
>>     We've been running into this all the time as we catalog early
>> twentieth-century periodicals. Our approach has been to use record
>> the name as it appears in the MODS record and then use MADS
>> records to capture the relationship among names.
>>
>> On Jun 21, 2006, at 2:00 PM, John Banning wrote:
>>
>>> While attempting to document the metadata for a issues of several
>>> Dime
>>> Novels (http://garamond.stanford.edu:9001/dp/owai/127_401_R.jpg),
>>> it has
>>> been revealed that the authors often go by pseudonyms. For
>>> instance "A New
>>> York Detective".
>>>
>>> How should this be captured in MODS? Does anyone have any examples?
>>> Obviously this should be captured in the <name> element, but are
>>> there sub
>>> elements or attributes that designate pseudonyms?
>>>
>>> Thanks for any and all help,
>>> John Banning
>>> Stanford University
>>
>> Clifford Wulfman
>> Technical Director, Modernist Journals Project
>> Brown University

Clifford Wulfman