You betcha!  He's definitely got his own style & it took me a while to
appreciate it.  Love his mix of music.  KDHX grew from the ashes of KDNA in
the mid '80's I believe.  Lots of Blues & related genre, world beat,
reggae, acapella, Irish, Eastern European, Brazilian, American Indian,
rockabilly and the list goes on.  Most shows are presented by people who
know & love what they're doing.  Worth a listen or three.

Cheers,

Duane Goldman

  At 11:58 AM 7/13/2006 -0700, you wrote:
>At  7/13/2006 11:31 AM, Duane Goldman wrote:
>>I urge all to visit one the the finest independent radio stations in the
>>country:  KDHX in St. Louis; http://www.kdhx.org. Within the program
>>listing you can now stream or download the last to 2 shows in every
>>category.  This gives us an opportunity to hear shows like Gabriel's
>>early Sunday morning
>
>Is Gabriel still alive? He used to do the show immediately after mine on
>the old KDNA Radio around 1970.
>
>In those days, we were essentially inventing what later turned into
>"community radio." Not Gabriel, who was (as I assume still is) sui
>generis, but many of the rest of us. It's a whole different world today.
>[geezer mode: OFF]
>
>John Ross

      ------
h. duane goldman, ph.d.   |   P.O. Box 37066   St. Louis, MO  63141
lagniappe chem. ltd.            |   (314) 205 1388 voice/fax
"for the sound you thought you bought"       |   http://discdoc.com