Thank you for setting the record straight. Obviously, I was mistaken.

I think the source of my confusion was this description from Michael
Brocken's discussion of the Topic releases in "The British Folk
Revival 1944-2002" (Ashgate, 2003):

"In fact, somewhat ironically most of these early folk music
recordings were actually made possible by an American academic by the
name of Kenneth Goldstein. He had a scheme for the WMA [the Worker's
Music Association, which operated Topic Records] to act as agents for
a series of folk song recordings that he had undertaken for the small
U.S. Stinson label. On behalf of the WMA, Ewan MacColl and Bert Lloyd
supervised the recordings. Record Producer Bill Leader:

         Three sets of 10" LPs were completed under the Stinson
deal...The Stinson deal came to an end prematurely, but Kenny
Goldstein negotiated a new deal with Riverside Records. This led to a
steady flow of material between the WMA and the American market, but
a clause in the new contract limited the WMA to releasing locally
only one track from each LP. This clause (which seemed to be of
little consequence to the WMA, then pursuing a modest programmer of
78 releases) would eventually reduce the supply of possible material
to the slowly developing LP catalogue."  (pages 57-58)

My apologies for spreading my own confusion.

Incidentally, Brocken says nothing about any Topic use of Harry &
Jeannie West material.

John Ross