  Thanks, David, for your comments about the US/UK Columbia split. I didn't
know that EMI's refusal to issue LPs until 1952 might have been a factor in the
division. It sounds logical, and I'm happy to learn about it.

  Yes, the Capitol "G" series was HMV-derived material: was the Beecham
Figaro overture in Capitol's release of the "Beecham Memorial" set? His last
recording of it was with the LPO in the thirties.

  Thanks too for your advice about possibly highlighting excerpts from
messages. I'll try it. Nothing I've tried has worked so far. It gives me hope.

  Don