It's a Pioneer I got a year ago.  DV-563A.  I don't know if it's still
available.  Honestly, I don't think there's much difference between the $150
player and the $500 player.  They're all made cheaply.  They are not easily
repaired.  They don't last that long, in my experience.  So unless you are
going to step up to $1k or better, I'd spend as little as possible.  Just
avoid the off brand stuff.  The picture is good on DVD, CD is okay (a little
brash), DVDA can be awesome and the high frequencies on SACD sound like
analog to me.  That's where I never liked CD, the high frequencies, although
they made up for it in dynamics, bass, S2NR, etc..  The SACD and DVDA are
the best formats ever, in my opinion, when mastered well (and I've heard
some bad SACDs due to incompetence).  The RCA SACD reissue series really
does "blow away" every analog copy I've heard.  I'd wasted an embarrassing
sum on one of those 45RPM four single sided ultra premium kick ass reissues
of Munch/Boston/The Organ Symphony, just to have it knocked on its butt by a
$13 SACD.  Woe is me.  The naysayers will opine that SACD is a doomed
format, but with the specialty crowd (that includes such small operations as
RCA and Telarc), it's still doing quite well.  If you think about it, the
small labels, after the initial learning curve and tremendous investment in
the proper equipment, can deal with SACD hybrids for not much more than a
regular CD.  The extra juice offered by SACD to their customers gives you
"value added" to the product, enhancing sales with the
audiophile/cognoscenti crowd.  Something like: "hey Biff, should I buy the
SACD hybrid Telarc or the CD only EMI for the same price?".  "Well Tanner,
the Telarc will play in your BMW and in your SACD player at the mansion, so
get it".  You can say the same negative things about the regular CD as SACD
since it appears the music industry is in a deepening crises with downloads,
piracy, MP3, etc...  I really wasn't kidding about MP3 killing off CD.  The
odd thing is, it's getting harder to find a really good CD player.
Reviewers and buyers have noted that there aren't very many great mid-priced
CD players like 10 years ago (Marantz, Rotel, Sony ES, etc..).  With all the
extra stuff added like DVD, DVDA, SACD, MP3 playback, etc...., the regular
16bit 44K playback has suffered.  I concur and I've heard 10 year old
players that sound much better than current offerings.
Phillip