Only 15 seats left for this special leadership course, so register NOW. You cannot beat the FLICC price - $915 vs. AMA's price -$3,295.
FLICC MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT MA2006-24
FLICC/American Management Association Leadership Series 5-Day MBA Program
Monday, August 7—Friday, August 11, 2006
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. (There is no entry to the Library of Congress prior to 8:30 a.m.)
Place—Mumford Room, 6th floor, Madison Building, The Library of Congress, Use the Main Entrance at 1st and Independence Avenue, S.E., Washington, D.C.
Metro—Capitol South (Orange and Blue Lines)
Sponsor—FLICC Education Working Group
In a working climate that demands excellence every time out, you need the variety of skills that lead to outstanding performance in every aspect of your job. This week-long course distills the core curriculum covered in most university-level graduate business programs. Customized for federal participants, this accelerated learning experience will give you the tools to link, align and integrate the components of your performance
plan into a successful business-based system for your agency.
Designed for anyone interested in obtaining an effective, broad-based overview of the functional areas often covered in university-level MBA programs, AMA’s five-day MBA course will provide you with a strong business foundation and enable you to function more effectively and efficiently in today’s evolving government environment. You’ll come away with an effective framework of knowledge for making informed business decisions and the ability to identify the most effective business tools and strategies you need for your federal library or information center to support your agency’s overall mission.
The program curriculum will help you
- play a more influential role in your agency’s decision-making process
- develop an effective organization and successfully manage people
- broaden your overall management perspective
- achieve your personal and organizational goals
- learn the language of business and communicate effectively to any audience
- develop a leadership style that works for you
- refocus on the critical areas of federal appropriation and fiscal laws, accounting, economics and finance, marketing, competitive strategy and management leadership and organization
- hone your skills to act more strategically
- create a network of high-level peer contacts
Each of the five seminar sessions discusses key management concepts and brings that subject to life with practical examples and case studies.
The course covers
• Understand basic accounting concepts, federal fiscal laws and their relevance to your library or information center.
• Define your key financial performance measures and learn how to improve them.
• Understand federal appropriations laws and how these affect your programs.
• Evaluate projects to determine if they are practical and desirable from a financial perspective.
• Understand basic concepts and the importance of developing a competitive strategy within your library or information center and how it fits into your agency’s planning.
• Successfully deploy and communicate your strategy to staff members and agency decision makers.
• Learn the role of marketing and the marketing perspective for libraries and information centers.
• Understand the 5 Ps of marketing—positioning, product, pricing, placement (distribution) and promotion—and their importance to your program’s success.
• Understand the principal roles of a manager and the basic functions of management.
• Analyze and understand leadership styles for use in day-to-day applications.
• Apply different approaches to motivation for back-on-the-job situations.
• Take steps to institute more durable organizational changes.
Registration Fees —$915 for FEDLINK Customers with FT accounts/$940 for other federal agency attendees.
Visit the FLICC Educational Programs Web site at http://www.loc.gov/flicc/feveform.html
to register online or call FLICC (202) 707-4813; TTY (202) 707-4995. Registrations are not complete until your FT account balance has been verified or other appropriate documentation is received.
Request ADA accommodations five business days in advance at (202) 707-6362 TTY or [log in to unmask]
Cancellations—Cancellations must be called into the FLICC office (202-707-4813) 48 hours prior to the start of an educational program or the full fee will be charged.