At 04:35 PM 8/16/2006 -0400, Marie-Claude Saulnier wrote:
>I am new to the EAD format and I am trying to find the proper XML field
>for the following information. We have a field in our database listed
>as "source of title", which is a text field containing an explanation as
>to where the title of an item came from... I would like to find a field in
>a <c01> to <c12> (or a subelement such as did, physdesc, etc.) to put that
>source of title in.
>
>Do you have any suggestions?

This is also a piece of data that we collect.  There is no designated place
for it.  Some of the probable contents, such as "Title supplied by
archivist" could reasonable be thought of as <processinfo>, but I have
generally put it in a generic <note> in the <did> rather than trying to
analyze each possibility and determine where it belongs.

Kate

Kate Bowers
Collection Services Archivist
Harvard University Archives