That sounds like an excellent idea for a panel either at SAA or at
MARAC.  Or even just a big discussion/brainstorming session.  Anyone
interested in thinking about it?  :)

Another aspect to all of this (at least for us) is wondering where the
entry point will be to users entering our site from, say, Google, and
making sure they can understand where they are.  Since we don't *really*
know how Google searches, although it seems to do some sort of link
following, we can hope that finding aids such as the Carpenter one I
mentioned earlier will be indexed by virtue of links being followed and
picking up different "views" of a given finding aid.  This is something
I want to experiment with a little more.

I also wonder if anyone has any experience with something like XSL-FO,
which supposedly allows you to create fairly sophisticated print
versions of your finding aid, or to easily create PDFs from your XML
file.  I haven't tried to play around with Michael Fox's EAD to XSL-FO
stylesheet
(http://www.archivists.org/saagroups/ead/stylesheets.html#foxproof) -
has anyone else?  I'm adding that to my "to do" list.

I may be getting sort of off-topic here - it's hard to stay on topic
because there are so many interesting "problems" here.

Jennie

--
Jennie A. Levine
Curator for Historical Manuscripts