This is Priscilla.  I can answer some of these from my perpective but I
would be interested in hearing what others have to say.

Regarding #1, Premis definition of representation.  You say "The DAIS
principle is 1 object = 1 AIP".  I don't know what you mean by object in
this context.  The PREMIS definitions of types of objects as files,
bitstreams or representations is meant to force us to be more specific
when we talk about objects. Say you were ingesting an ejournal article
that existed in two versions: 1) a single PDF file, 2) an SGML file, a
jpg image and 3 gifs.  What would be in the AIP(s)?

REgarding #2, this is really interesting.  You could do this in
Preservation level by "flattening" the values, so that each set of
characteristics to be preserved together would be assigned a
preservationLevel value.  But we admitted that preservationLevel is
really a business rule and so ought to be out of scope for the PREMIS
data dictionary.  I expect that many repositories will have much more
complicated rules than can be expressed in preservationLevel.

Regarding #3, creatingApplication.  This is applicable to Files as well
as Representations, so it is fine if you only want to use it for Files.
  If I remember correctly, the reason this was made applicable to
Representations is because some applications output sets of files that
together constitute a representation.  For example, Dreamweaver could be
considered the creatingApplication for a web page which itself consists
of several files, each of which have their own creatingApplication.
Flash might be another example (I don't know Flash well enough to say).

Regarding #4, use of an object.  The use of most objects would be to
display or play them or otherwise render them to a user.  But some
objects might be meant to be processed by program, for example an
executable file (computer code) is used by executing it, a SAS file is
used by the SAS statistical program, etc.

Regarding #5, linkingEventIdentifier.  This is applicable to Files so if
you want to use it only for events that pertain to file (like virus
checking, format validation, etc.) that is fine.

Regarding #6, good idea.  This might be an enhancement we could make for
the next edition.