Dear PIG-list

I've been looking at the OAIS/PREMIS mapping docs on the swiki and I'm not
sure I completely agree with the mapping of the entities other than Object.
Perhaps someone else can explain for me...

The easiest way for me to illustrate is with an example. The Excel
spreadsheet and diagrams in the PowerPoint presentations show a mapping for
the identifier semantic units for the agent, event and rights entities to
OAIS Reference Information. However in the OAIS it states that Reference
Information pertains to  "identifiers for the Content Information."

The identifiers for the entities other than Object are not identifiers for
the Content Information, they are identifiers (pertaining to PREMIS
entities) to reference and structure the metadata about events, agents and
rights in the Context Information and Provenance information (and perhaps
Fixity Information depending on the event type).

Do you see my point or am I off on another planet missing the real world?

Cheers,
Deb

Deborah Woodyard-Robinson
Woodyard-Robinson Holdings Limited