From: PREMIS Implementors Group Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Deborah Woodyard-Robinson
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2006 11:51 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PIG] OAIS : PREMIS mapping question

Dear PIG-list

I've been looking at the OAIS/PREMIS mapping docs on the swiki and I'm not sure I completely agree with the mapping of the entities other than Object. Perhaps someone else can explain for me...

The easiest way for me to illustrate is with an example. The Excel spreadsheet and diagrams in the PowerPoint presentations show a mapping for the identifier semantic units for the agent, event and rights entities to OAIS Reference Information. However in the OAIS it states that Reference Information pertains to  "identifiers for the Content Information."

The identifiers for the entities other than Object are not identifiers for the Content Information, they are identifiers (pertaining to PREMIS entities) to reference and structure the metadata about events, agents and rights in the Context Information and Provenance information (and perhaps Fixity Information depending on the event type).

Do you see my point or am I off on another planet missing the real world?

Cheers,

Deb

Deborah Woodyard-Robinson
Woodyard-Robinson Holdings Limited