Colleagues,
	I am in the process of upgrading some less-than-full database
records for incunabula to PCC level.  I am, of course, creating NARs as
needed.  My question deals with special fields with local information
that libraries have included to represent provenance, etc.  Does the
appearance of a $5 in certain fields obviate the need for creating
authority records?  I'm reluctant to delete fields that other libraries
have added, but I really see no need to try to establish NARs for such
headings.  I find no information in the BIBCO manual that deals with
this question.  Any advice?
	Marty Joachim
	Lilly Library
	Indiana University Libraries