NLM is hosting the Medical Library Association Web Cast, November 8, 2006
Mark your calendars for this educational opportunity.
Moving at the Speed of Byte:
Emerging Technologies for Information Management
MLA's Educational Web cast
Hosted by the National Library of Medicine. Sponsored by the Medical Library Association.
Join us for an exciting 2-hour web cast on Wednesday, November 8, 2006, from 2:00 p.m.- 4:00 p.m. EST.
Learn how you and your colleagues can use these tools to enhance and develop information services:
- Web 2.0
- technology forecasting (including electronic medical record, biomedical informatics and nanotechnology)
- Web 3.0
To expose information professionals to new and emerging technologies and to encourage their use in information management
At the end of this web cast, participants will be able to:
- identify new and emerging technologies in use in library or clinical settings
- explore the use of new and emerging technologies for disseminating information or in promoting library services
- find resources supporting new and emerging technologies in library settings
- identify new technologies such as blogs and RSS to support professional growth and information sharing
Participants can earn up to 3.5 MLA CE contact hours:
- Web cast and 1st Wraparound Session: 2 hrs + .5 hrs = 2.5 CE
- Web cast and 2nd Wraparound Session: 2 hrs + 1 hr. = 3 CE
- Web cast and both Wraparound Sessions: 2 hrs + 1.5 hrs. = 3.5 CE
Wraparound Session I: 1:30-2:00 p.m.
Web cast: 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Wraparound Session II: 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- The web cast will be closed-captioned.
- Sign language interpretation will be provided during the web cast in Conference Room B, 2nd Floor (Mezzanine).
- The web cast will be broadcast in 4 areas of the library. After you register, you will receive an email indicating in which room you can view the web cast.
- You must get a visitor’s pass before coming to the NLM. You cannot enter NLM without it. When you arrive on the NIH campus, go to the Visitor’s Center (near the Metro and bus stops).
- You must have a picture I.D. in order to get a visitor’s pass.
- Security will check all book bags, briefcases, and handbags as you go through the library (Buildings 38 and 38-A).
- The National Library of Medicine, on the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Campus, is located on Maryland Route 355, at Rockville Pike and Wisconsin Avenue in Bethesda.
- The library is on the Metro Red Line stop (Medical Center).
- MetroBus and Montgomery County Ride-On Bus services also stop at the Medical Center, next to the Metro (Medical Center Stop).
Parking is limited. You must pay to park in visitor lots, with rates up to $12.00 per day. The campus map shows where visitors may park.
For more information about campus access, directions, and parking, visit:
Space is limited, so register now!
Contact Cynthia Burke, Site Coordinator, [log in to unmask] or (301) 435-4896. Please indicate whether or not you want to receive MLA CE credit.
We look forward to seeing you then.