As for defining "extent" as "extentType" in the physical description
area, note that extentType is very specifically about page numbers and
ranges, not extents in general. It has elements:
   start
   end
   total
   list
and the examples are all about page numbers. So extentType really is
pageExtentType, and perhaps a more general extentType is needed (not
that I'm saying they have to have those names, I mean that conceptually).

kc

--
[log in to unmask] http://www.kcoyle.net