All,

Currently we have lots to do, taking care of the ones with outdated
info so I agree with Gary that adding more dates is not appropriate
at this time. There is also another problem with dates that
generates some work... there is age discrimination and many people
do not like having dates on the AR's. Sometimes we are asked to
remove the date.  I've also been asked about privacy issues with
dates when I conducted NACO training, so I would not be in favor of
adding even more dates.

Mary Charles Lasater

--On Friday, October 27, 2006 7:09 AM -0500 "Joseph, Angelina"
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Gary:
> If somebody knows the dob of the author and has the time to add
> it to the authority record, why don't we let that person do that
> by changing the rule a little so that it can be done. If a
> conflict  arises later, there will be less work at that time.
> --angelina
>
> Angelina Joseph
> Cataloging Librarian
> Law Library