Yes, you are right.  I have a script that automatically assigns ID
numbers to all of the components in the <dsc>.  Then, when the finding
aid is loaded, the XSLT uses the ancestor:: axis to populate the values
for the JavaScript function.  I then use the document.getElementById()
method in JavaScript to populate the information in the Context Window.

It does work with all of the browsers that I cover in my "mock frames"
document, but there is additional "per browser" CSS code that I didn't
include in that document.

If I get a chance, I'll include information about our context viewer in
an upcoming article on my website.

Mark Carlson
Computer Support Analyst
Special Collections Division