From: Encoded Archival Description List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf
Of Justin Banks
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2006 11:16 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: EAD XForms

I have developed a form based on the XForm concept using the EAD
standard.  The form enables my staff (primarily student workers) to
create EAD finding aids without ever seeing the XML markup.  They do the
majority of the inputting, save the file, and then inform me via a brief
report.  I then open the file in my XML editor, view the full markup,
perform a little clean up, transform the XML into html, and post it on
my website.  My work generally takes no more than 10 - 30 minutes.

Has anyone else created anything along these lines?

If anyone is interested, I'm willing to share the form / program.  The
form I created and the software needed to run it is all free.  In its
current iteration, the form isn't real pretty, but it works.

Justin Banks
College Archivist, Asst. Professor
Dept. of College Archives & Special Collections
Abell Library
Austin College
900 North Grand, Suite 6L
Sherman, TX 75090