* Please excuse the cross posting *

Join the DC/SLA Chapter on Thursday, November 16th for a presentation by Sabrina Pacifici, Editor/Publisher of LLRX.com and beSpacific.com on "Mining Blogs & RSS for Research".  This presentation will focus on leveraging the best of the free and low-fee web sites as well as web-related services to support research services.  It includes the "best of the Web" for competitive intelligence (CI), legislation, news, public services, government documents and information.

DATE:  Thursday, November 16, 2006

TIME:  6:00pm - 8:00pm
       Light refreshments 6:00-6:30pm; program 6:30-8:00pm

PLACE:  The Library of Congress,
        Madison Bldg., Room LM 316
        101 Independence Ave. SE (between 1st & 2nd Streets)
        Washington DC 20540

METRO:  Capitol South Metro Station (Orange and Blue Lines)

PRICE:

FREE to Chapter members but please RSVP so that we can get an accurate count for refreshments
$10.00 - Non-chapter members
$5.00 - Students/retired/unemployed

RSVP to Lorraine Bell at [log in to unmask] regardless of form of payment.

Electronic payments can be made via PayPal at the bottom of the event page:  http://units.sla.org/chapter/cdc/events_files/Nov1606.html

Checks should be made payable to DC/SLA and mailed to:
     Lorraine Bell
     Factiva
     1600 K Street, NW, Suite 300
     Washington, DC 20006

DEADLINE:	Payments must be made by November 14.  We absolutely can not/will not accept any money or checks on site.

Jenny Wood
DC/SLA Communications Secretary
email: [log in to unmask]