Hugh -

When I have had these situations, I have handled
them as you outlined below. Another variant on
this issue is when the subordinate body is
entered independently. For example, look at the
authority record for "Sourisseau Academy for
California State and Local History""

110 2  Sourisseau Academy for California State and Local History
410 2  California State University, San Jose. |b
Sourisseau Academy for California State and Local History
410 2  San Jose� State University. |b Sourisseau
Academy for California State and Local History

The name of the parent body changed although the
name of the subordinate body did not.

(By the way, there happens to already be a
University of San Diego, as well as a San Diego
State University, and a San Diego City College,
and yes, they get mixed up by people not infrequently!)

Paul