Hi Ed,

I honestly think the MAM-A Gold discs are the best in the world at this
time.  By the way, as far as I know, there is only one manufacturer in the
world of gold archival discs.  That should tell you something about the
other brands which use the same technology, which I'm not allowed to
elaborate on.  Of course, I think you should buy them from me.  Honestly, I
sell them because I think they're the best.  I do not think they're the
best because I sell them.  I'll be glad to help anyone with a need in any
way possible.

Sincerely,

Ron

At 12/6/2006 01:15 PM -0800, you wrote:
>Ronald W. Frazier wrote:
>
> > [A really excellent summary, thanks Ronald]
>
>Which brings us to the $64k question:  What's the best source today for
>archival disks?  I'm still working my way through my stockpile of Kodak
>Gold Ultima, but it won't last much longer (hey, should I be putting it on
>eBay instead?)
>
>I was going to switch to Mitsui Gold Archival; is that still the gold
>standard, or has it fallen from favor?  And where's a a good place to get it?
>
>         -ed falk

------------------------------
Ron Frazier  --  P.O. Box 2284  --  Cumming, GA  30028  --  770-205-9422 (O)
Email: rwfrazier AT macdatasecurity DOT com  (replace the AT and DOT by hand)
I am an independent consultant interested in exploring ways to archive data
over long periods of time.
Recordable DVD's & CD's can fail in 2-5 years.  Don't let that happen to
YOUR data.
    Get your GOLD Archival Grade DVD's & CD's from
http://macdatasecurity.com/ today!
http://c3energy.com/ --- http://c3energy.com/alt_energy/
http://c3energy.com/computersecurity/ --- http://c3energy.com/health/