Dear friends:

As long as we are talking about batch processes...

I have about 8,000 MP3 songs at highest bit rate (320 kbps) that I
would like to convert to 92 kbps or so, and snip out a 30 to 60
second segment suitable for web use. I need a program that can either
edit MP3 natively or convert to an editable format, cut out the
segment, and convert the segment to 92 kbps. It would be ideal if the
program could also fade in and fade out, and let me pick a standard
start time (such as 30 seconds into the cut, rather than at the very
start which is often an introduction.)

Has anyone done anything like this? I am wondering what the results
are, specifically whether human judgment is absolutely required in
selecting samples. It's just not practicable for me to do such a
selection on 8,000 songs, so I hope the answer is no!

Any suggestions welcome.

Best,

Joel

Joel Bresler
250 E. Emerson Rd.
Lexington, MA 02420
USA

781-862-4104 (Telephone & FAX)
IN CASE OF VERIZON EMAIL PROBLEMS, PLEASE USE MY BACK-UP EMAIL:
joelbresler-at-gmail.com