On 12/20/06, Tom Fine <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Thanks Jeff. That one warns about incompatibility with the newest pods.
>
> Anyone try this one:
> http://www.sturm.net.nz/website.php?Section=iPod+Programs&Page=SharePod
> seems like just the ticket but I'd hate to screw up either the pod or the
> computer.
>
> -- Tom Fine

Hi Tom- I now have about 30gb of music on iTunes at my office, and was
anxious not to lose it.  I bought a 250 gb usb HD for about $100 and
discovered at the following web site:

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/articles/comments/the-complete-guide-to-backing-up-ipod-and-itunes-music/

That I could back all of my music onto the portable HD and also copy the
music off of the portable HD and put it on the home computer iTunes.  I have
the 60 gb iPod and sync it at home.  I don't trust the iPod enough to take a
chance on it being a major part of the back up process.  Regards.  FBS

--
Frank B Strauss, DMD