On 12/22/06, Tom Fine <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Frank, I'm assuming this was pre-Windows XP? I have found XP to be pretty foolproof at removing
> stuff through the add/remove programs control panel. Win98 was another, vastly inferior, situation.

Hi Tom-Actually it's a current XP Professional, SR 2 not loaded.
Add/Remove programs does not remove it, and a removal routine at the
QuickTime site doesn't get it off.  As I mentioned, I also had help
from an Apple service rep for about 45 minutes, after which he
recommended that I reload Windows to solve the problem.  My tech
friend said he could remove it by editing the registry, but it might
take a while.  Since I was going to get a new computer, I decided not
to bother.
--
Frank B Strauss, DMD