Tom Fine wrote:
> Wow, Frank, good to know. That is toxicware, for sure. And it is not
> Windows-standard so Microsoft should have warned you on install. As I
> understand it, to avoid the "not XP standard" warning, your software
> must have a full-uninstall utility.
>
> In XP, you can "wind back the hands of time" to before the install, but
> anything you changed from the install forward would also be lost.
>
> -- Tom Fine

Unfortunately, the XP Goback Machine, like its predecessors, is limited.
It can undo entries, but cannot reverse some changes - and it is those
changes which are most insidious with QT. As a trivial example, when
QT's associations are removed, it does not know what associations were
there before. Whether iTunes is better, I cannot say since I will not
let it into my system.

The only reliable removal tool is restoring a full backup at least of
the OS and applications. (I keep data on separate partitions so such a
restore is only moderately painful.)

Mike
http://www.mrichter.com/