Marcos Sueiro wrote:
>> Don C -- consider a DVD player to replace that one-disc CD player.
>
> [. . .]
>
> Plus, if you ever get into making DVD-Audio discs, these will play it
>> back -- or make a DVD data disc full of MP3 and have days of background
> music.
>
> Tom,
>
> A few months ago I looked and looked but could not find a DVD player that
> would play DVDs full of MP3s (as I was hoping) --only CD-Rs. I don't know
> why this is. Do you know of one that does?
>
> Happy Boxing Day everyone
>
> Marcos

I recently bought a Toshiba SD-760 (the 755 appears similar) which
exceeds its specifications and happily plays all the formats I've thrown
at it including high- and low-rate MP3s and MPG. (It is specified only
for 44.1 Ksps MP3 and DivX AVIs - along with all the usual formats for
DVD players.) Mine came from
   http://www.world-import.com/
and was modified for code-free, region-free operation in addition to
PAL/NTSC format conversion. It works well enough that I've placed a
second order; at $78 plus shipping, I consider it a bargain.

Mike
http://www.mrichter.com/