Tom Fine wrote:
> I am actually somewhat surprised that there isn't a large enough medical
> and mil-spec market for high-quality data storage that a manufacturer
> would have enough critical mass right there. Tack on
> archvies/institutions and the music "business" (in quotes because it is
> quickly becoming the opposite of a business model if business model =
> profitable and long-term) and it seems there's room for a quality niche.
> Why not?
>
> -- Tom Fine

I think it much more likely that such a market would exist if it found
common ground. I don't know whether there is or could be a
defense-related market though I spent decades in the field, but the
common interests of archivists and medical recordists seem not to have
been exploited. In all our rambling (okay, *my* rambling and others'
focussed efforts), no one seems to have popped up to say he's tested or
used medical media.

Mike
http://www.mrichter.com/