I can't vouch for the quality, but just wanted to point out that the LC
is experimenting with meta-search across its collections:

http://www.loc.gov/search/new/

Best,

Butch

--
Butch Lazorchak
Squealer Music

"Aloofness from practical politics was not the same as complacency; but
if American intelligence could be measured by the Scopes trial, American
justice by the Sacco-Vanzetti case, American tolerance by the Klan, and
American political morals by the Prohibition farce and the Teapot Dome,
it seemed simpler to catch the first liner to Europe or to retire to the
library with the American Mercury than to engage oneself seriously with
proposals to reform American life."
-Richard Hofstadter
-The Age of Reform: From Bryan to F.D.R (1955)