Steven C. Barr(x) wrote:
> [...]
There seems to be a connection with Mercury, but the pressings are definitely
not done by them. They're of the same red vinyl that Concert Hall was using at
that time, and the cuttings look the same. Mercury wasn't even using good
quality shellac (let alone vinyl) till it took over Keynote and went into
classical recordings some time in 1947, and didn't go to Merco-Plastic till
around 1949. Mercury reissued a number of the Silvertones on LP in 1950,
particularly the Vic Damone, Glenn Osser and possibly some of the Leinsdorf sides.
dl