From: "Jim Lindner" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2006 2:54 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Floor Load Capacity

Slabs have issues that need to be investigated as well, not all of
them are poured as thick as others and just because it is on ground
level does not mean that it has the ability to withstand a high load
per square foot. Allot depends on the amount and type of rebar and
the depth of the pour and type of concrete mix. Also some floors have
things buried in them - like heating pipes and electrical pipes.
Sometimes there can be an erosion of some of the soil under the floor
which can lead to the floor becoming cantilevered without being
designed that way - drainage can be an issue. Again - all good
reasons to have an inspection by a knowledgeable person.

Jim Lindner

Email: [log in to unmask]

   Media Matters LLC.
   SAMMA Systems LLC.
   450 West 31st Street 4th Floor
   New York, N.Y. 10001

eFax (646) 349-4475
Mobile: (917) 945-2662
Office: (212) 268-5528

www.media-matters.net
Media Matters LLC. is a technical consultancy specializing in
archival audio and video material. We provide advice and analysis, to
media archives that apply the beneficial advances in technology to
collection management.

www.sammasystems.com
SAMMA Systems provides tools and products that implement and optimize
the advances in modern technology with established media preservation
and access practices.