Apologies in advance if this feels off-topic, but I'm sure someone on
this list will have an answer (or many answers).

A while ago the Pioneer DV-578A-S DVD Player was discussed on this list
and I stashed away the info on this very reasonably priced unit that
appears able to play all the various formats that my Denon unit (which
cost at least 4 to 6 x the ca. $150 price of the Pioneer) does. Since I
am now starting to set up a room for viewing/listening use, I just
decided that now is the time to grab one of these players and it seems
to have gone out of production. Does anyone have a lead on something
that might also play DVD Video  VCD  DVD-R  DVD-RW  DVD Audio  SACD
 CD (Audio)  CD-R  CD-RW  Picture CD discs in addition to MP3  WMA
 JPEG file formats and lists for less than half a grand?

Thanks in advance,

Peter Hirsch