--- Robert Hodge <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Yes, but the registration problems can be adressed in the digital
> domain
> if the separation negs still exist. Disney did it for Snow White
> quite effectively! And that was 3 strip!

I think the currently circulating video transfer of "Whoopie!"
was composited from the original negatives.  That's why it
looks so good.  Since Technicolor is no longer making dye
inbibition prints, the easiest way to print from the original
negatives is to composite them digitally.  (It's possible to
make a color interpositive with three passes through an
optical printer but that method hasn't been used in some time).

David Breneman         [log in to unmask]