Dear Friends:

Another massive 78s collection -- not free this
time, but you can't have everything! I know
nothing more about the collection than what you
read below, so please be in touch with the
collector as indicated if you are interested, and
report back to the list on your exploits.

Happy New Year!!

Joel

>Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 17:40:17 -0800
>From: "Paul T. Jackson"
>Subject: [MLA-L] Massive Recording Collection available
>Sender: Music Library Association Mailing List
>
>Hi:
>I'm the nephew of Glenn D. Bridges whose
>recording collection, along with my
>discographical book collection, is with the ITA
>Archives...I'm not sure where these are
>housed...but somewhere on UNC-Greensboro campus.
>I'm also the publisher of Glenn's book Pioneers in Brass, 4th edition.
>I've been informed that a very good friend,
>long-time ARSC member, Fred Williams, who was
>constantly searching discographical information
>from the Glenn Bridges collection, and has
>created a number of recordings of early recorded
>band music, is now selling his massive
>collection of cylinders, 78 discs of military
>and concert band recordings, books, ephemera,
>photos et al. The collection he tells me is ca.
>2100 cylinders; 30,000 Lps; 60,000 78s.
>This year Fred has suffered a couple of strokes
>and just this month returned from rehab and has
>decided to retire from his many organizations
>and activities including maintaining the recording collection.
>The collection would be a great adjunct to the
>Glenn D. Bridges collection, if such would be
>possible. And although many of Fred's recordings
>duplicate those of Bridges, I believe I'm
>correct in saying that those duplicates are also
>different takes of a given solo piece. Having
>these all together would be wonderful for the
>researcher...and a premier collection saved.
>Fred Williams can be reached at :
>8313 Shawnee St.,
>Philadelphia, PA 191118-3906
>phone 215.247-0410
>
>--
>Trescott Research  Paul T. Jackson
>Information & Library Development
>26301 SE 424^th St., Enumclaw, WA 98022
>
>http://www.trescottresearch.com

Joel Bresler
250 E. Emerson Rd.
Lexington, MA 02420
USA

781-862-4104 (Telephone & FAX)
IN CASE OF VERIZON EMAIL PROBLEMS, PLEASE USE MY BACK-UP EMAIL:
joelbresler-at-gmail.com