[Apologies for duplicate receipts. Please respond to the address in the job description.]
Preferred appointment level: Assistant Librarian I – Librarian I ($40,008 - $66,756)
The Libraries of the University of California, San Diego Libraries invite applications from service-oriented, broadly skilled, and innovative metadata experts wanting an opportunity to contribute to the development, application, and management of metadata for the UCSD Libraries' digital assets and to participate in the advancement of metadata expertise in the profession.
The incumbent will:
· Identify and apply appropriate metadata format and content standards, formulate METS profiles for object classes, and develop metadata crosswalks for digital objects for the UCSD Libraries
· Plan, monitor, and assess metadata migration, transformation, and enhancement projects
· Provide ongoing data review and analysis of digital objects and their metadata, including quality assurance
· Collaborate with the UCSD Libraries' data providers and repository managers to develop cost effective and efficient strategies and reliable data streams for producing and normalizing metadata and importing it into the Digital Asset Management System
· Contribute, under the guidance of the Unit Head and Department Head, to the formulation and implementation of policies and standards for descriptive, administrative (technical, source, and rights), and structural metadata used to support the production, management of and access to UCSD Libraries' digital assets
· Maintain metadata documentation, in print and web formats, for the UCSD Libraries' digital projects and for unit activities
· Participate in the ongoing development of metadata standards and best practices, including attending appropriate conferences and meetings and collaborating with other groups similarly engaged.
For complete details see http://orpheus.ucsd.edu/fac/Metadata.htm
Application consideration begins February 12, 2007 and will continue until the position is filled. Send application letter including a statement of qualifications, a full resume of education and relevant experience, and the names of at least three persons who are knowledgeable about your qualifications for this position to [log in to unmask] or to UCSD, Stacey McDermaid – Library Human Resources, 9500 Gilman Drive Dept. 0175-H, La Jolla, CA 92093-0175. Telephone: 858.534.1279; Confidential Fax: 858.534.8634 .
University of California, San Diego
[log in to unmask]