BIBCO Libraries,

Please have a look at OCLC record #66740382.  This record was input by a
Dutch library according to Dutch cataloging rules, and then it was made
into a BIBCO record, but the 040 still indicates that the language of
cataloging is Dutch (subfield $b) and that the rules are other than AACR2
($e fobidrtb).

It is my understanding that OCLC policy for catalog records in languages
other than English is that we are supposed to create a new "parallel"
record in English and link to records in other languages of cataloging for
the same resource by adding a 936 field: see OCLC technical bulletin 250:
http://www.oclc.org/support/documentation/worldcat/tb/250/  We have
created a local policy incorporating OCLC's guidelines:
http://staffweb.lib.washington.edu/monos/catdocs/pararec.html

It may be that some PCC catalogers have forgotten this policy, or that
libraries switching over from RLIN are unaware of it?  Or has the policy
changed?

Adam

Adam L. Schiff
Principal Cataloger