Peter (and others),

On a related note, some moldy acetate reels arrived here
in ziploc bags recently. (1/4" tape, on 7 and 10" plastic reels.)

Typically, and only as a temporary solution, i would keep
them sealed and insert a desiccant into the bag...until such
time as i was able to give them a proper cleaning. But, given
that you're advising against the use of desiccants with acetate
tape, i'm having second thoughts.

Recommendations?

thanks,
Brandon