Send me one..my ancient JVC XD 2507 still plays 32K tapes with no problem
including those made on the Tascam DA 20.

That's what I know I'll have to transfer before anything else..stuff I did at
"archive" speed in the old days when DAT tapes cost plenty and the fidelity
didn't matter, since not too many machines are going to be able to play them.

DAT tapes that drive me up the wall are the ones recorded by amateurs who
didn't rewind the tape to the start, thus ensuring that no A-time code exists,
and who started recording right at the start of the tape. Aside from the
dropouts, you can't even add a start tone (okay, you can if you dub the whole
tape to a new tape).

dl