on 2/19/07 8:43 AM US/Central, Karl Miller at [log in to unmask]
wrote:

>  I have several 32kHz DATs which sound distorted. They will not play on at all
> on my Panasonic machine, but do play (with distortion at peaks) on my Tascam.
> Is it possible that some other machine might play them without distortion?

You need a 32kHz capable machine, in the proper 32kHz mode.

AFAIK neither the SV3700 nor the SV3800 could play either of the two 32kHz
modes. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong. (The 3700 has an
easily fixable squeaky door problem, incidentally.)

The TASCAM DA-P1 will record/play 32kHz SP mode, but not 32kHz LP mode.

It's all in the details. I'll be glad to help you off list.

--
Parker Dinkins
MasterDigital Corporation