----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Fine" <[log in to unmask]>
> I can cite many a PBS station, for example, that
> have wasted millions on monuments to pure ego.

If you're speaking of actual structural entities, rather than abstract concepts
like programs and such...

It all has to do with the same inevitable thing...one man's pride in his
erection(s)!

Same thing applies to hospitals...since they are rarely challenged as to their
expenditures, their approach is usually "We'll build the biggest, shiniest, most
impressive <whatever> that has ever existed...make sure our names are on
the cornerstone, though!!"

Meanwhile, I get a gazillion spam messages a day offering me "a larger,
firmer, more impressive erection...just click here for details..."

So, be the erections biological or architectural, the same rules seem to
apply...

Steven C. Barr