From: "Roger and Allison Kulp" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Saturday, February 03, 2007 10:48 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] "20 something classical vinyl collectors" [was Re:
[ARSCLIST] Szell on MAR Was:Bernstein info needed]

> No clue,I just run into them at the flea market and record shows a lot.I
know this guy who comes to the flea market,with his son,the son is about
twelve,and is a bigger vinyl nut than the dad,so some of it may be parents.I
recall a photo that ran in Goldmine,from about 1989,of a guy reading
Goldmine to his baby,with a caption of "Start "em young,and start "em
right.".
> This site
> http://homepages.ipact.nl/~otterhouse/
> is run by a guy who is about 20,21, who lives in Holland,and is devoted
entirely to pre-1956 Lps,and a few 78s.Apparently the pickings are much
better over there,than here in the picked over US,or even in neighboring
countries,like Germany or France.Don't forget vinyl never went away.The
underground/indie vinyl scene has been big continually since the late
70s.This helps fuel interest in rock/r&b.Hip hop has always been all about
the vinyl.

>                                     Roger
>
> "D. Blake Werts" <[log in to unmask]> wrote: Are you seeing an influx
of younger collectors?  If so, the question is