Roger Kulp asked:
>Are "Radio Recorders" RCA,NBC,or both ?
>... I
>believe. CBS had no recording equipment for a long time, so any CBS airchecks

Radio Recorders was one of the very first, if not the first independent recording studio. It was originally a small broadcast production and transcription service that I suspect did overflow work from the network affiliates in LA because NBC's main west coast origination facility was located in San Francisco until the '40s. At some point RCA abandoned a large, orchestral-sized studio they had built in LA and Radio Recorders took it over calling it Radio Recorders Annex. Many old-timers still consider it to have  been the finest sounding studio for recording large ensembles ever to exist in LA and it was the studio of choice for everybody from Sinatra to Presley. Many people recorded elsewhere only when they couldn't get time in that room.

--
Bob Olhsson Audio Mastery, Nashville TN
615.385.8051    http://www.hyperback.com