I'd all but given up hope in the months since I was offered a sample of
this archival case for optical discs, but it arrived in today's mail.
The design is fascinating and I'm happy to report my reaction to it.

The case is a single piece of polypropylene ingeniously molded and
folded. Within the outer dimensions of a standard jewel case, it does
suspend the disc solidly without risk of contact between the sensitive
surface and the case itself. Insertion requires firm pressure but
release imposes no stress on the disc.

The only apparent limitation of the design is dealing with
documentation. There is no tray for a traycard, less than the usual
space for an insert, and no obvious way to record on the spine - which
flexes to open the case, making it unlikely that any labelling would
survive repeated access.

Some properties unique to the STiL case may limit its use. In addition
to the usual edge vents, the design of the retainer leaves extra spaces
where the tray would seal a conventional case. Closure requires that the
snap of the polypropylene be retained over use and case integrity
depends on durability of the hinge. For some purposes, the translucency
of the case may be a drawback; given the documentation problem, an
opaque case might not be viable

Neither the insert in the sample nor M. Pion's included business card
offered a URL, but the e-mail addresses brought me to
   http://www.STiLDesign.com/
where additional information (including pricing) may be found.

Mike
http://www.mrichter.com/