From: "Farris Wahbeh" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Saturday, February 10, 2007 3:39 PM
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Listening Copy

List,
We are in the midst of transferring collection material into archival and listening formats. While I
will
continue to retain two gold discs as archival format, I wanted to nix the idea of using a CD for the
listening format. Instead, I would transfer the WAV file into an MP3 and house all those listening
files
on an iPod for our end-users.
Is this audio archival transgression? Do we need to use CDs as a listening copy, or can an MP3
suffice. I'm trying to cut down on space and costs.
Your collective wisdom would be most helpful.

Farris Wahbeh
Archive Manager
Creative Audio Archive
www.creativeaudioarchive.org