I picked up several spoken word LPs from a college library a couple of years
ago and all were incarcerated in heavy plastic fold-over sleeves which included
the albums (these may have been the type where the jacket was in one pocket and
the disc was in another). All have a grey color and noisy surfaces which
cleaning doesn't help.

dl