Many of us here are all to familiar with the regard major media conglomerates have for collectors,archivists,and indeed their back catalogue.They have never given collectors their proper due for keeping music and interest alive.

                                          Roger

Marcos Sueiro <[log in to unmask]> wrote: That seems to be the business model of many newspaper and periodical web
sites: current items for free, but pay (or at least register) for the
archive. If this spreads to media-posting web sites, as Tom suggests, it
means that it will be the archive (back catalogue, legacy) materials
that will be generating the revenue: exactly the opposite of what the
current model is for the entertainment industry. I daresay that
librarians, archivists, and even collectors, with their experience in
dealing with large quantities of old materials, could then be very
valuable people for such companies. Not to mention the libraries,
archives, and private collections themselves.

Marcos

Never Miss an Email