Speaking of recording in Hollywood in the 40s,I have an 11-record set of 78s,of Toscanini,and an unidentified orchestra doing the Shostakovich "Leningrad" Symphony,from1946,or "47,by "Studio and Arts"

                              Roger

Rod Stephens <[log in to unmask]> wrote: Hi,

I had a number of Family Theater transcriptions done there made in the
'40s.   Here's a quote from a site that give a lot of detail on the
studios.   It was more than just an "air check" facility.

> I thought that some of you may like to know, that at their old site on
> Western Avenue in the 1930s and '40s, Radio Recorders made a lot of
> "air checks" of old time radio shows for the radio stars and their
> advertising agencies.  For instance, after 1936 until the late-1940s,
> all of the "Jack Benny" radio programs were recorded by Radio
> Recorders on disc or electrical transcriptions, as there was no
> magnetic tape yet at that time...So, if you ever hear an old Jack
> Benny Program from radio taken from the 1930s or '40s, it was recorded
> by Radio Recorders of Hollywood.
>
> Jim Hilliker
> Monterey, CA  April 17, 2005

http://www.scottymoore.net/studio_radiorecorders.html