-----Original Message-----
From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Marcos Sueiro Bal
Sent: Wednesday, 14 February 2007 8:14 a.m.
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Storing 16" transcription discs

Dear all,

I am currently surveying a collection of 1950s 16" transcription discs.
They have been stored flat in foil-lined paper sleeves and are generally
in pretty good shape.

I have two questions for those with the knowledge:

1. Are there storage concerns specific for 16-inchers? Does their extra
mass affect the recommendation for vertical storage (for example,
shelving with dividers closer together)?

2. Is anyone familiar with foil-lined sleeves? I have not seen any
imprinting or other problems with the discs, but is there concern of
outgassing or any other problems? Would you recommend something a little
stiffer?

Thank you in advance to all of you.

Marcos

Marcos Sueiro Bal