aha. thank you and for the website.

lynn

             Michele Combs
             Sent by: Encoded          [log in to unmask]
             Archival                                                   cc
             Description List
             <[log in to unmask]>                                         Subject
                                       Re: Not statement?

             02/06/2007 02:12
             PM

             Please respond to
             Encoded Archival
             Description List

I think possibly the wildcard double slash is confusing it...the double
slash tells it to find scopecontent anywhere in the document; even when
you put it in the middle of a string as you have it here, it's still an
anywhere-in-the-document match (see "Navigating nodes" at
http://builder.com.com/5100-6371-1044797-2.html ).  If you take out
the double slash, it works fine.  Given that a scopecontent can only
appear in a c0# or in another scopecontent, you may not need that double
slash.

Michele

-=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=-
Michele R. Combs
Manuscripts Processor
Special Collections Research Center
Syracuse University Library
222 Waverly Avenue
Syracuse, NY 13244
(315) 443-2697
-=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=-

>>> [log in to unmask] 2/6/2007 1:01 PM >>>
I keep getting an ambiguous rule match error here and I am not
understanding how these two statements are not opposites:

<xsl:template match='* [@level="series" or
@level="subseries"]//scopecontent'>

                  <xsl:apply-templates/>
</xsl:template>