About the Speaker:  Donna Scheeder is currently the Director, Law Library Services, at the Law Library of the Library of Congress. Her expertise on running effective meetings comes from over a 35 year career and record of volunteer public service. She has held a number of SLA offices, including Association President and Treasurer, and President of DC SLA.

She is also a SLA fellow and a recipient of the John Cotton Dana award given in recognition of outstanding contributions to the field of special librarianship. Ms. Scheeder is currently a member of the Governing Board of the International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions, is Vice Chair of the Professional Committee, and Chairs the Standing Committee on Libraries and Research Services for Parliaments. She has also been active in national and community affairs.

DATE:
Thursday, March 1, 2007

TIME:
Light refreshments 6:00-6:30pm; program 6:30-8:00pm

LOCATION:
National Public Radio
635 Massachusetts Ave., NW
Washington, DC  20001

METRO:
Gallery Place/Chinatown (Red, Yellow, and Green Lines)

PRICE:
FREE - DC/SLA Chapter Members
$10.00 - Non-Chapter Members
$7.00 - Students/Retirees (non-chapter members)

REGISTER:
RSVP to Mary Reusch at [log in to unmask] or 202-775-1898

Please RSVP even if you are paying via PayPal!

DEADLINE:
PAYMENT:
Respond by Tuesday, February 27.

Send checks to Mary Reusch at InfoCurrent. 815 Connecticut Avenue NW, Suite 350, Washington, DC 20006

OR

PayPal. There is a link to PayPal at on the official event site:
http://units.sla.org/chapter/cdc/events_files/Mar0107.html

Kimberly Allen
DC/SLA Communications Secretary
email: [log in to unmask]