BAE-IT, a division of BAE Systems plc, has an immediate need for a number of cataloging professionals in the DC Metro area for work in a DoD Intelligence Community agency.  Our current need is for all levels of experience in cataloging, with an interest or experience in geospatial and map products.  Candidate must possess or be able to obtain a Top Secret/SCI clearance.

The catalogers will work as part of a team of map librarians, responsible for cataloging and maintaining a collection of over 1 million maps for an Intelligence
Community agency of the United States Government.  These positions will be responsible for the creation and update of authority and bibliographic cataloging data for all library materials using an internal ILS and coordinating records with OCLC.
Using independent, professional judgment, this position creates and updates authority and bibliographic cataloging data for all library materials, mostly geospatial and map-related, in MARC record format applying the principles set forth in national and international standards and guidelines such as AACR2R, LCSH, and internal guidelines.  Works to insure the accuracy of local (Innovative) bibliographic and authority records based on OCLC records to provide service to staff and customers using the online catalog.

BAE Systems plc is an international company engaged in the development, delivery, and support of advanced defense and aerospace systems in the air, on land, at sea, and in space. It is a pioneer in technology with a heritage stretching back hundreds of years and is at the forefront of innovation, working to develop the next generation of intelligent defense systems. BAE Systems plc has major operations across five continents and customers in some 130 countries. The company employs over 100,000 people and generates annual sales of approximately $28 billion through its wholly owned and joint-venture operations. BAE Systems Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc and is headquartered in Rockville, Maryland. The division of BAE SYSTEMS Inc. that this contract is associated with is Information Technology and is based out of McLean, VA. BAE IT is a full-service solutions provider of information systems and services to intelligence, defense, and federal government customers with career opportunities throughout Northern Virginia, Washington DC, and Maryland. Fundamental to our success are our people. Within BAE IT, we employ over 5,000 skilled dedicated professionals.

BAE has one of the best, if not THE BEST, packages in the industry. For example, we observe 10 standard government holidays along with an excellent PTO schedule! We have loads of other benefits, including life insurance (2 times your annual salary) and AD & D insurance (2 times your annual salary)...we have an outstanding educational assistance plan, training program, 401K plan, and many other benefits. Most importantly we provide a challenging and exciting work environment for our employees. It's a Remarkable company that employs Remarkable people.

Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:

 Knowledge of and the ability to apply the principles set forth in AACR2 and the LCSH.
 Knowledge of and ability to code cataloging data in accordance with the US MARC format.
 Knowledge of and the ability to search, edit and input cataloging data into OCLC or other large bibliographic database.
 Ability to sit at a computer and use a mouse and keyboard for most of the day.
 Physical ability to bend, reach, stoop, and grasp library materials.
 Ability to work in a team environment.
 Strong oral and written communication skills.
 Understanding of classification systems and practices: especially Library of Congress.
 Professional level knowledge of library principles and practices
 Strong analytical skills.
 Ability to be extremely attentive to minute details

Highly Desirable:
 TS/SCI Clearance
 One + years experience using AACR2, LCRIs and the LCSH.
 One + years experience code cataloging data in accordance with the US MARC format.
 One + years experience cataloging data into OCLC or other large bibliographic database.
 A Master's degree in library science from an American Library Association accredited program

Additional positions are available within the research center.  If interested, please forward your resume or any questions to:

M. Todd Doss
Senior Lead Technical Recruiter
BAE Systems, Information Technology
703-873-3773 direct